Thursday 26 October 2017

Friday Fan Interview with Dade, 27th October 2017

Hi all its Friday so its fan interview time, this week we have our first international fan so over to you Dade.




Tell us a little about yourself?

My name is Dade, I'm from Talladega, AL, US. I've been a Tottenham supporter since 2008, and will be until I'm 6' under. I'm also a firm believer that Harry Kane is the greatest player in the known universe.

When did you start supporting Spurs?

In 2008, when I was 9, right before Harry Redknapp was appointed manager I was just starting to become interested in the sport. I wanted to pick a team with a good, loyal fan base, and history but not a team like Manchester United that is already a constant threat for the title - and Tottenham seemed to be the perfect fit. Wouldn't change my decision in a million years. Even through the years of watching Emmanuel Adebayor.

Who is your favourite player from every decade you’ve supported Spurs?

2000's - The King himself, Ledley King. 2010's - A close tie between Jermain Defoe and Lord Harry Kane.

If you could ask one of those players a question what would it be and why?

Jermain Defoe - Looking back on your career and how it all happened, if you had the chance to go back and do it all over again, would you have stayed at Tottenham your whole career?

What is your favourite ever Spurs goal?

Sandro vs Manchester United in 2013.

What is your most cherished piece of Spurs merchandise?

Ledley King's game worn and autographed captain's armband.

What is the worst piece of Spurs merchandise you’ve ever bought or been given?

Would have to be this hideous excuse of a scarf I bought when I saw Tottenham play Manchester City in Nashville, TN this year in the ICC.

What is your best moment supporting Spurs?

Off the top of my head? Probably Tottenham beating Chelsea 5-3 a couple years ago. Don't think I've ever ran around the house screaming like a child like that.

What is your worst moment supporting Spurs?

Losing 6-0 to Man City in 2013.

If you could go back in time and change one result what would it be?

Any of our losses/draws last season. Anyone of those fixtures going the other way could have tilted the title race in our favour. If I had to choose one though, it probably would have been the 2-1 L at Stamford Bridge last season.

What do you think Tottenham should be doing to put us over that last hurtle we can't seem to get to?

It's pretty much unanimous between us supporters we are only missing maybe one piece to send us to the top. Hopefully well get it soon enough, whether that's an astute buy or a player coming through the ranks.

Thank you to Dade for doing this for us, next week its Richard Hill. Anyone else interested in doing one, you've seen how it works now, get in touch at tottenhamhotspurbanter@gmail.com, and I shall reply with the questions for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment