Friday 10 November 2017

Friday Fan Interview 10th November 2017 Richard Baker

This weeks interview is Richard Baker so Richard over to you....



AH: Tell us a little about yourself?

RB: I’m a 44-year-old Commercial Business Director, married to Nikki, whom I’ve been with for over 27 years. Father of three children – Sam 16, Charlotte 14 and Lilly 10.

AH: When did you start supporting Spurs?

RB:I started supporting Spurs in 1978 after being a Liverpool supporter – the team of the day. I distinctly remember my neighbour, Stan, saying ‘if I take you to a football match (my first ever), will you support the team?’ and from thereon in, as they say, the rest is history.

AH: Who is your favourite player from every decade you’ve supported Spurs?

RB: Ricky Villa, Glen Hoddle, Gary Lineker, Clive Allen and… the decade isn’t finished! (maybe Gareth Bale/Harry Kane)

AH:  If you could ask one of those players a question what would it be and why?

RB: How did playing for Spurs differ from that of other teams you represented? Why? Because the Spurs faithful believe that our team is different; more togetherness, better support, more comradery…do the players feel the same?

AH:  What is your favourite ever Spurs goal?

RB: Hoddle vs Oxford – the last time I ever saw Goddle play, dummying two and chipping the goalie...I’ll never forget that night at WHL.

AH: What is your most cherished piece of Spurs merchandise?

RB: I’m not a big merchandise fan – probably just photos of my son from his first match, a pre-season friendly in 2007.

AH: What is the worst piece of Spurs merchandise you’ve ever bought or been given?

RB: There’s no such thing, is there?

AH: What was your best moment supporting Spurs?

RB: More recently it must be when Peter Crouch scored against Man City; the realisation that for the first time ever we’d be playing in the Champions League. Before that, I’ll never forget my son being passed around on supporters’ shoulders after the 5-1 League Cup win against Arsenal at WHL.

AH: What is your worst moment supporting Spurs?

RB: Gary Mabbutt’s knee vs Coventry in 1987 – especially after the half-time crowing that ensued.

AH: If you could go back in time and change one result what would it be? Probably Spurs vs Leicester in 2015/16 at WHL when we lost 1-0. If we would’ve won that game, I have no doubt we would have won the league.

AH: Is there any question you would like me to ask but I haven’t?

RB: The only time I’ve ever cried watching Spurs? When we finally beat Chelsea in the league on Guy Fawke’s Night 2006…what a softy!

Thank you to Richard for taking part, if anyone else wants to do one then get in touch at tottenhamhotpsurbanter1@gmail.com or comment in the comments section and Ill be in touch. Next week its Darron Stump.

No comments:

Post a Comment