Tuesday 28 November 2017

Special Edition of the Fan Interview Paul Clark





I got talking to Paul Clark on Twitter late last week when I saw him asking a few of our ex-players  for a retweet for his kids. Thought no more of it until I looked a little closer and was amazed at what he was trying to achieve. The first part of this interview follows the normal fan interview format, however please do read on and then if you can help Paul and his family out please do so, he is currently on 56% of his target, if everyone who reads this donates £1 Paul will smash his target. Sometimes things get to me, this page is for fun and laughs predominantly, and I'm proud of what we do and the way you lot support us, but I truly believe that we should then use this page to promote and offer help wherever we can within the Spurs family whether that's promoting merchandise or stories like Paul's and his families. Sometimes there are more important things in life than football. Thank you for your continued support Anthony.

Paul's Just Giving Page is here. https://t.co/cYd7PXbGvP

Paul is also on Twitter @paulclark271077

AH: Tell us a little about yourself?

PC: My names Paul Clark I’m married to my beautiful wife Sarah and we have 3 kids Ella 10, Summer 8 and Riley 7. We live up in beautiful Suffolk. I am a left leg above the knee amputee. As well as my love for spurs i enjoy darts, motor racing and photography.

AH: When did you first start supporting Spurs?

PC: I first started supporting spurs when I was 6 years old 34 years ago now. I remember the first game midweek villa at home 2-0 to the spurs.

AH: Who is your favourite player from each decade you've been watching Spurs?

PC: My favourite player well I have 2 Rafa van da Vart and Robbie Keane.

AH: If you could ask one of those players any question what would it be?

PC: Rafa why did you leave us and would you ever come back ? He loves this club and us fans loved him great player.

AH: What's your favourite ever goal?

PC: Winning goal at Wembley 2008 cup final again Chelsea my brothers a Chelsea fan so it was great.

AH: What's your favourite piece of merchandise?

PC: Has to be my grass key ring from the lane.

AH: What has been your worst piece of memorabilia?

PC: First shirt my wife got me a home shirt sorry I don’t do red

AH: What is your favourite memory of being a Spurs fan?

PC: My best moment was taking wife and kids to their first ever game they loved it and been hooked ever since.

AH: What has been your worst moment as a Spurs Fan?

PC: Seeing white hart lane knocked down. Yes we have a new stadium coming but that place was our home.

AH: If you could go and change on result what would it be and why?

PC: Newcastle away season before last when we let those gooners finish above us.

AH: Paul tell us a little about what you have planned next year and why you are doing it?

PC: On 30th May 2018 myself, my wife Sarah and my 3 wonderful kids Ella 10, Summer 8 and Riley 7 will be joined by a group of amputees and other members on an amazing challenge to become the first amputee group to climb Mount Snowdon, in order to raise the funds that Steel Bones needs to continue offering the invaluable support to amputees and families across the UK. The weather should be good and the views amazing. Not only do we need the publics support with donations so we can help the charity(thank you everyone who has donated so far,) we are also looking for sponsorship for the whole event so if any businesses or individuals would like to sponsor please get in touch. There’s going to be newspaper coverage, TV, news, radio, t shirts, posters etc so lots of publicity for businesses.

There is a big lack of understanding by the public as to what amputation really means to an amputee and their family and with 5000 new amputees a year this is a great charity to get involved with to help promote amputee awareness throughout the U.K.  I put the idea on the Steel Bones Facebook page and was overwhelmed by the number of other amputees from around the UK who wanted to join me on this challenge and I now have a great team of 18 adults and 5 children joining me in climbing Snowdon.

Steel Bones is a voluntary charity for amputees and their families, which works across the UK to connect the amputee community, create friendships and provide a proactive support network by giving latest news on stump health, promoting healthy lifestyles, signposting useful services, experts and sports clubs along with providing flexible careers opportunities.

The key focus for Steel Bones is offering support to new amputees, and their families - offering the guidance and companionship that they so often need, at often the most traumatic time. There are 5,000 new amputees each year in the UK.

My own personal story is that I became an amputee last year, and after having surgery in 2014 I had a major bone infection, which resulted in amputation. It was a very hard and life changing experience for my whole family. We found it very difficult to find support groups or friends in such situations. It is quite a lonesome disability and there is a lack of understanding in the public and government as to what amputation means for an individual and family. I was fortunate enough to meet the founders of Steel Bones UK, who have continued to give me great support over the last year.

My involvement within the charity has given me some amazing opportunities and I am so inspired by the number of amputees that have decided to join me on this quest. Climbing Snowdon was a personal goal of mine before my amputation and feel it is a great way to achieve my own personal goals whilst raising funds for the charity that has helped me so much.

Please help me raise as much as we can so Steel Bone can continue to support amputees and their families around the UK along with amputee awareness.

Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving - they'll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they'll send your money directly to the charity. So it's the most efficient way to donate - saving time and cutting costs for the charity

The weather should be good and the views amazing. Not only do we need the publics support with donations so we can help the charity(thank you everyone who has donated so far,) we are also looking for sponsorship for the whole event so if any businesses or individuals would like to sponsor please get in touch. There’s going to be newspaper coverage, TV, news, radio, t shirts, posters etc so lots of publicity for businesses. There is a big lack of understanding by the public as to what amputation really means to an amputee and their family and with 5000 new amputees a year this is a great charity to get involved with to help promote amputee awareness throughout the U.K.




No comments:

Post a Comment