Friday 23 March 2018

Fan Interview Friday 23rd March 2018 Mark Sherer.

This weeks fan interview is Mark Sherer, Mark over to you. He looks a lot older now though!




AH: Tell us a little about yourself? 

MS: I'm a 54 year old estate agent living in Ilford, I live with my partner and have two girls aged 27 and 21 and a lunatic Labradoodle called Bobby. I Enjoy playing military golf (left right left right) and arranging and hosting quiz nights. Due to work always worked Saturday's however for one year did get a season ticket, 94/95 the year Klinsman arrived, block 8 west stand, the year of the famous 5, there was never a dull moment.

AH: When did you start supporting Spurs? 

MS: Probably around the age of about four, my family all from the east end were either Spurs or Arsenal fans, fortunately for me I chose right. Earliest memory was of a Christmas when my mum bought me a white t shirt and ironed on the Spurs badge, at the time it was best ever present.

AH: Your favourite player from every decade you’ve supported Spurs?

MS: Sorry but in truth I can't give you a favourite from all decades as I feel I'd be disloyal to my ultimate hero Steve Perryman. Although he wasn't the most skilful, I have always said if we had 11 Stevie P's we would have won a lot more than we have.

AH: If you could ask one of those players a question what would it be and why?

MS: Stevie P: How much did he regret not playing in the UEFA cup final after being suspended, (personally I was gutted and had mixed feelings when Graham Roberts lifted the cup up)

AH: What is your favourite ever Spurs goal?

MS: Oh Anthony horrible question lol, so many to choose from, Gazza's rocket in the semi final is right up there, but for me it has to be Danny Rose's first goal against the scum, I could watch over and over ( in fact sometimes I do)

AH: Your most cherished piece of Spurs merchandise?

MS: It was for a number of years a piece of turf from the hallowed ground after we beat Hull 1-0 in our last home game whilst in the old 2nd division. We won with the only goal coming from Stevie P and subsequently at the final whistle there was a pitch invasion. I personally stood on the penalty spot at the Paxton road end and nicked some turf, sadly after a few years my mum threw it away!! On the Saturday we went on to draw with Southampton to reclaim our rightful place in the elite league. 

AH: Funniest memory from supporting Spurs?

MS: Going to a game at the Lane with friends I was probably around 11/12 horrible day weather wise my mum made me wear a blue coat that had a hood. We stood in the Paxton Road end and it was in the day's you could buy monkey nuts from the guy's in the white coates.
Couldn't understand why everyone behind me were continuously laughing, until the rain came down and I put my hood up and subsequently got covered in monkey nut shells!!!

AH: Your best moment supporting Spurs?

MS:Sadly over the years not as many as I'd have liked, have to say the 81 cup final replay and seeing that brilliant smile on Stevie P's face as he lifted the FA cup

AH: Your worst moment supporting Spurs?

MS: Truthfully to this day every single time we lose to Arsenal, Chelsea or West Ham. 

AH: If you could go back in time and change one result what would it be?
 
MS: Again horrible question Anthony as there's so many too choose from, including stopping the scum winning the league at the Lane, to all the games we lost in various cup finals, but for me personally it would be the game against Man Utd when we were 3'0 up at half time.
I was at that game with a well known snooker player who supports them and although I couldn't afford to, I'd bet him £100 we'd win, oh boy was I cockey at half time, not so cockey at the end, and believe me he didn't need the money ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

AH: Ever been involved in a Family feud regarding football?

MS: Was about 11 and went to Highbury with my brother who supported the scum, half time we were losing 1-0 and he did not stop winding me up. We won the game 2-1 and in the car on the way  home I was none stop winding him up.We got to Blackhorse Road station and he pulled tbe car over, he looked at me with daggers and said "get out" I saw his glare and despite pleading with him, I got out. I thought he'd come back but sadly he didn't so with no money on me for the only time in my life I had to beg for money, thankfully I managed to get home!....

Thanks to Mark for taking part. New one next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment